We are pleased to supply you with the latest edition of Client Alert, which contains information on a number of important developments up to and including 25 March 2020:
- COVID-19 – Australia’s governments and the ATO have made a huge number of announcements in recent weeks about measures to support individuals and businesses during the novel coronavirus pandemic. This issue summarises the main ATO administrative changes, concessions and payments, and ways to find more information.
- Working from home: what can I deduct? – While working from home has its benefits, there may be extra expenses too. You may be able to claim a deduction for the additional running costs you incur.
- Scams targeting natural disaster victims – If you’ve fallen victim to a tax-related scam, contact the ATO as quickly as possible.
- Independent review of ATO audit position: small business pilot extended and expanded – The ATO has extended and expanded its pilot program offering an independent review service to eligible small businesses disputing income-tax-related audits.
- Super guarantee amnesty for employers – An amnesty is now on for employers in relation to unpaid employee superannuation entitlements from 1 July 1992 to 1 January 2018.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss how the points raised in Client Alert specifically affect you.